Vacon 100 Multipurpose AC drives
It may look like a traditional AC drive – but it’s not! The Vacon 100 is bursting with smart new features including functional safety with Safe Torque Off, Safe Stop 1, and ATEX certified motor over-temperature protection. The Vacon 100 also has a unique feature with built-in Ethernet to make integration to plant automation easy and efficient via integrated ModBus TCP, Ethernet I/P or Profinet IO.
The Vacon 100 is ideal for a wide range of applications including pumps, fans, compressors and conveyors. These are applications where energy efficiency and productivity improvements often result in a rapid return on project investments. Available in power ranges from 1.1 to 160 kW, the wall-mountable drive modules are easy to install and operate, with IP21 provided as standard and optional IP54 models. Vacon 100 allows you to do much more than you would expect from a standard drive.
User Friendly Keypad
Vacon have ensured the user interface is simple and intuitive to use. Utilising a graphical well-structured menu system allows for fast commissioning and trouble-free operation.
- Graphical and text keypad
- Monitor up to 9 signals at the same time on a single multimonitor page
- 3 Color LED status indication on the control unit
- Trend display for two signals at the same time
Quick Set Up
Easy commissioning tools for a hassle-free set up, whatever the application. Easy diagnostic with help in plain text is provided for each parameter, signal and fault.
- Startup Wizard: Fast setup of basic pump or fan applications
- PID Mini-Wizard: Easy commissioning of internal PID Controller
- Multi-Pump Wizard: Easy commissioning of Multi-Pump system
- Fire Mode Wizard: Easy commissioning of Fire Mode function
Safe Torque OffSafe Torque Off (STO) prevents the drive from generating torque on the motor shaft and prevents unintentional start-ups. The function also corresponds to an uncontrolled stop in accordance with stop category 0, EN60204-1.
Safe Stop 1Safe Stop 1 (SS1) initiates motor deceleration and initiates the STO function after an application specific time delay. The function also corresponds to a controlled stop in accordance with stop category 1, EN 60204-1.
The advantage of the integrated STO and SS1 safety options compared to standard safety technology using electromechanical switchgear is the elimination of separate components and the effort required to wire and service them, while still maintaining the required level of safety.
- Most of what is needed is in-built
- Easy integration with plant automation
- Improved safety at work
- No additional accessories required
- High reliability in difficult environments, easy and cost effective installation
- Reduces need for an external controller
- Fast investment payback, increase profits
- Easy monitoring of energy savings
- Reduce noise levels
- Compliance with global standards
- Built-in Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU
- Profinet IO or Ethernet/IP as software option
- Safe torque off, Safe Stop and ATEX
- EMC compliance with integrated RFI filter.
- Integrated DC chokes
- Conformal coating
- Compact IP54/ UL Type 12 with same footprint as IP21/UL Type 1
- Flange mounting
- Side by side mounting for IP54/ UL Type 12
- Standard I/0 + 3 free slots
- Fieldbus options, Built in PLC capability
- High efficiency >97% + energy optimisation
- Energy counter
- Real time clock with calender based functions
- Optimized control of cooling fan
- Thin film capacitors
- Pumps & fans
- Chippers, debarking drums, sawmills